Pineappleparty

sunnuntaina, joulukuuta 11, 2005

A Story Of An iPod.

Yes, I have an iPod.

This sexy silverback entered my life over a year ago. A brand new fourth generation iPod was brought from the United States of America for a birthday present. Every piece of music I could ever own in my pocket. Gigas of data inside a small, white, smoothly stylish package. Everything was fine.

Only a few weeks later I noticed that my iPod had been introduced into a world of pain. Its surface was filled with tiny scratches, looking like it would have been involved in a debris avalanche. My embodiment of prefection had transformed into a hideously mutated monster. The search for a perfect casing had begun.

My first discovery was a neat piece of fabric made by Radtech. Oooh...special fabric, for your special iPod. It was neat for about 3 months. After that the case was tired of my pocket and started to store shit inside. This resulted in all these little pieces of rock and sand scratching my iPod like never before. Now
that
was neat.

2 months later my iPod stopped working and went silent. Despite everything I tried, it would not reply. Every touch left it cold. Every time plugging it in, without getting a response felt like a shot of compressed depression. But summer was coming and I had no time to get deeper into the troubles of my iPod. I had to enjoy the sun on my own, relying on the radio and the music of other people.

I forced myself to get some help. I brought my iPod to a care center and gave it away for examination. "Here, take a new one." They said and handed me a completely new iPod (4 gen) and I left happily. I lost all of my music but who cared? A scratchless iPod made it worth it all. This happiness lasted for about 1,5 months. Dammit! I had not even dropped it yet. It just went cold. And again I brought it to the clinic.

Now i have my third iPod and already I see signs of weakness. I purchased the popular iSkin eVo but it started to loosen and get old and wrinkly. And try to pull one of those out of your pocket in a hurry. The contents of your pocket will come out with your iPod. I never understood the whole silicon concept.

I decided to let my Pod go wild and took off all the protection. The future is looking grim and scratchy but at least now my Pod is looking sexier than ever.

Anyways, I just hope I won't be the owner of a fourth iPod. But hey, at least I got 3 iPods for only 250$. Now I look into the future and journey to find the perfect iPod case to shield my mp3 player against the world. Thin, hard and transparent plastic is all I need. How come it's so hard to find a good case for a 4 generation iPod? Maybe I should just brake myself free from the shackles of this capitalist world and make a case of my own...

Naw, now that would just be too damn hard.