Pineappleparty

maanantaina, tammikuuta 30, 2006

It is an ELE out there

A visit paid to the University of Helsinki with the French class revealed that the ten-finger typing technique is obligatory when one enters the realm of linguistics at the romanic languages department. Although not entering this faculty, I decided to hasten my typing processes and have already started training to be a type-o-machine.

Weird errors have marked my virtual texts ever since I begun. For example, when I attempt at a word - which would usually be swiftly typed using the old, convenient random-sausage-hits-the-key approach - the machinistic way turns the word into digital mumbo-jumbo.



I tried typing "a pet dog" and I got
AIBO
I ventured further trying to tap my keyboard for "love", but all I got was
01101100011011110111011001100101
So machines do understand love... wait, I've been dating a machine? No! The machines are taking over ... Skynet is today..! Save your children, AIBOs and 01001011001001001000011001

aaaaaaghhhh -- ¤¤ beep

2 Comments:

At 10:16 ip., Blogger John said...

This post was homage to the discontinued AIBO-dog. We will always remember you, oh loved pet, for all the good things, like

the endless times you multiplied our electricity bills by plugging yourself into the outlets at night,

all the times you brought the ball to my doll instead of me due to your movement sensors' instability,

the sweet times your battery ran out when you were being petted by the kids who thought you died,

and the lovely times your software crashed and instead of "bring me the ball", you sang "internet is for p -- "

So hail progress, hail technology!

 
At 10:51 ip., Blogger Ralf said...

Oh, AIBO. Rest in peace.
But now..
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Peanut Butter Jelly
Peanut Butter Jelly
Peanut Butter Jelly with a baseball bat!

 

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home